Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Modest Suggestion : LibrarySandbox.org

I got an interesting request a little while ago. A librarian wanted to know if she could get administrative access to a website I was running so she could see how Drupal works.

Naturally I had to say no, but it got me thinking that a "sandbox" version of Drupal -- based on a library website -- might be useful to people who wanted an idea of the "look and feel" of the thing.

Drupal has a module called "Demo" that makes sandboxes possible. So now I'm thinking this might form the basis of an interesting collaborative project.

The goal would be to create a model library website (representing a fictitious institution) that people would have administrative access to.

The website would have events, a list of resources, plus all the other accouterments a modern day fictitious institution would have.

If you'd like to help out or have any advice, feel free to leave a comment here. Or just email me.

I've already registered the domain, www.LibrarySandbox.org, though there's not much up there at the moment. 

No comments: