Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Top 10 Reasons Not to Compile a Top 10 List

  1. Everyone's doing it.
  2. What about 'Top 3' or 'Top 12'? What's with '10' all the time?
  3. I'd feel better about this if it didn't happen in December. Who's got the time? Better in August.
  4. Sorry, I'm not going to bring up the iPhone or the Kindle again under any circumstances.
  5. I'm still waiting for my Avatar to arrive from Second Life.
  6. I'm thinking of doing a 'Top 3,000' over the course of the next 10 years and don't want to commit myself to a measly 'Top 10' this early in the process.
  7. Got no time: My new book, Everything As Conversation, either goes to the publisher this month or my goose is cooked.
  8. In a year where Vladimir Putin and 'woot' are top picks, maybe the less said the better.
  9. It's not my problem if you're the last person on earth to hear about '2.0'.
  10. 2007? Wake me up when it's over.

No comments: