Friday, August 02, 2024

Berlin Wall -- I Knew It Well

Berlin Wall -- I knew it well! I lived in West Berlin for over five years -- back when West-Berlin was an island of freedom surrounded by the awful police-state of East Berlin and East Germany. Life in our part was totally wild and free -- full of things to do all night especially for boys and girls in their twenties.

One thing I enjoy doing nowadays is going through pictures of the Wall itself. You see, one evening after a few drinks back then, we went over and I painted my name ('Leo') in large letters on our side of the Wall. I haven't found it in any of the pictures online -- but I'll keep looking!

Two Days Later

So after all that talk, I think I may have come upon a photo of the Berlin Wall showing where I painted my name ('LEO'). It's on the round top part of the Wall:

No comments: